Get the refresher you need.
Who Will Benefit?
- Accounting and finance professionals working in the state and local government environment
- Auditors with state and local government clients who seek a refresher in fundamental governmental accounting and reporting concepts.
- The governmental environment and GAAP
- Fund accounting and the financial reporting model
- Revenues and expenditures
- Governmental, proprietary, and fiduciary funds
- Government-wide financial statements
- Special purpose governments
- Deferred outflows of resources and deferred inflows of resources
- Identify unique aspects of the governmental environment.
- Identify the governmental fund types and fund categories.
- Apply the appropriate MFBA (Measurement Focus and Basis of Accounting) to fund accounting and reporting.
- Determine how to classify, measure, and report governmental revenues and expenditures.
- Recognize the financial reporting structure used by governments.
- Distinguish the format and reporting requirements for government-wide financial statements.
- Recognize special purpose governments.
- Identify the impact of capital assets and long-term liabilities at the fund reporting level as well as the government−wide financial statement level.
How will this product help you with the work on your desk?
- This course offers accounting professionals working in state and local governments and auditors of those entities a foundation in fund accounting, budgeting, and reporting.
- Identify how to better meet the information needs of financial statement users by improving accounting and financial reporting for leases by governments under GASB Statement No. 87 and recognize accounting requirements for interest cost incurred before the end of a construction period under GASB Statement No. 89.
Are you new to the governmental arena or need a refresher to keep up with changes?
Featuring the foundational tenets of governmental accounting and reporting in today's environment, this CPE course covers more than just buzzwords.
In addition to real−life examples of CAFR, financial statements and updates of recent GASB standards, this course offers underlying concepts and shows you how they are applied.