Do you need to enhance your not-for-profit accounting skills?
Who Will Benefit?
- Practitioners and accounting and finance professionals of not−for−profit organizations
- Financial statement presentation
- Statement of activities
- Statement of financial position and statement of cash flow Note disclosures
- Contribution concepts
- Contributions vs. Exchange transactions
- Contributed Services, facilities, and gifts in−kind
- Functional expense and allocation of costs Endowments
- Operating versus non-operating
- Split interest agreements and beneficial trusts
- Relationships with other entities
- Agency transactions
- Common financial statement mistakes
- Identify major components of accounting and reporting in not-for-profit organizations
- Recognize appropriate accounting for recording and recognizing contributions.
- Identify concepts related to valuation of contributed services and promises received near year−end.
How will this product help you with the work on your desk?
- This course will assist in financial statement preparation for not−for−profits.
Through a case study-intense, highly interactive, this self-study CPE course provides you with the tools necessary to go beyond the theory and create value-added services for your clients.
This course allows you to examine, evaluate and perform case studies which will enhance your working knowledge of fundamental not-for-profit accounting and reporting, presentation requirements, note disclosures unique to not-for-profits and options allowed under generally accepted accounting principles.
Please note: GASB, FASB, and the ASB are currently discussing pushing out effective dates mentioned in this course. For the latest information regarding effective dates please visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) audit and accounting resources.