Stay up-to-date on the latest strategies.
Who Will Benefit?
- CPAs looking for innovative tax planning techniques to help clients reduce their tax burden
- Sales of capital gain assets and real property
- Planning for employer stock options, employer stock held in retirement accounts, and restricted stock
- Maximizing tax benefits for personal residence transactions
- Tax-planning opportunities with vacation homes, timeshares, and co-ownership arrangements
- Planning for divorce
- Tax-saving tips for self-employed clients
- Tax-smart college financing strategies
- Determine when selling capital assets, business assets, and real estate are to a client's advantage.
- Apply like-kind exchange rules under IRC Section 1031 and home gain exclusion rules
under IRC Section 121.
- Identify ways to advise clients on how to minimize taxes on employer stock options and
employer stock held in qualified retirement plan accounts.
- Determine ways to help clients obtain maximum tax savings from vacation home and timeshare properties.
- Determine appropriate federal income tax advice for clients who are separated, divorcing, or divorced, considering one big change included in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA).
- Apply available vehicle depreciation and expensing rules for sole proprietors and small business owners to enable them to minimize self-employment (SE) income, and Social
Security and Medicare taxes.
- Recognize ways to help middle-class clients identify college financing tax breaks and situations that will subject children and young adults to the Kiddie Tax.
Many clients and businesses are highly focused on the impact of taxes and tax rates on their bottom line. President Trump and Congress's passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act brought
unhappy surprises to many taxpayers accustomed to getting tax refunds. Make sure your clients
are protecting themselves from higher taxes.
Completely updated for tax law changes and Tax Court decisions, this CPE self-study course will
bring you up to date on the latest strategies that will preserve your clients' wealth and ensure
your role as a trusted adviser to your clients. Get the latest techniques for building and
conserving wealth through proactive tax-planning and investment strategies.