Key risks and recent trends.
Who Will Benefit?
- CPAs in business and industry and non-profits
- CPAs in public practice who want to
increase their knowledge of employment law issues encountered by businesses and nonprofits
- Employment issues related to social media, e-device and BYOD, internet use, and website
- Wrongful termination, at-will employment, constructive discharge and retaliation
- Age, race/national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, genetic, religious, disability, and
other forms of discrimination
- Dealing with whistleblowers in all types of organizations
- Wage and hour issues and immigration/undocumented workers
- Using mediation and arbitration to resolve employment disputes
- Family Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA, and more
- When and why some employers are hit with multimillion dollar verdicts in favor of former
- Noncompete, nondisclosure, and nonsolicitation agreements, and what works
- Key trends in recent employment cases and legislation
- Measure risk in the primary areas of employment exposures.
- Determine if your organization is current and compliant in cyber related issues affecting
websites, devices, social media, and more.
- Develop and enhance policies and procedures in response to identified employment risks.
- Understand trends in retaliation, discrimination, disability, wrongful termination, and other
high-risk areas of employment law.
- Identify and implement measures to deter and reduce developing employment- related legal
- Understand that the applicability of state or federal law is a function of the concept of
Businesses and non-profits today face an explosion of EEOC actions and employment litigation that can threaten the organization's financial stability as well as its reputation.
Featuring hot topics around EEOC actions and employment litigation, such as labor law, discrimination and whistleblower, this self-study course will update you on mitigating exposure for the key employment risks that every employer faces. Topics include:
- Protected Health Information.
- Sexual orientation issues.
- Understanding the concept of Federalism.
- Prohibiting the use of non-competes for lower level employees.
- Results of recent court cases.
Know how to react to developing employment issues, understand recent trends in employment claims, and arm yourself with the knowledge and assessment tools that can make a difference for your employer or your clients.