Keep abreast of the latest cybersecurity trends!
Who Will Benefit?
- Firm practitioners performing consulting or advisory services
- Cybersecurity risks to businesses and firms
- Different cybersecurity controls frameworks (i.e., NIST, ISO, TSC, etc.)
- Elements of a cybersecurity risk management
- Internal controls and other risk management activities
- Client recommendations in a readiness assessment
- Client service opportunities
- Apply knowledge of an effective cybersecurity risk management program to analyze a client's program and conduct a readiness assessment.
- Differentiate the various frameworks available (e.g., NIST, ISO, TSC, and/or hybrid) and apply which is better as well as when/how to use it.
- Apply tests to client's cybersecurity controls and other risk management activities based on existing frameworks.
- Identify client recommendations for improvements based on readiness/ assessment Â procedures.
- Understand the client service opportunities and risks in providing advisory services in the cybersecurity space.
Cybersecurity yields potential business opportunities for a firm to better serve its clients. Cyber threats come in all shapes, sizes, complexity and are ever-evolving. Attacks are causing great financial loss and serious damage to companies. So, it is essential for organizations to establish a baseline for identify critical components that can be incorporated into any cybersecurity risk management approach.
In this CPE course, you will learn how to keep abreast of the latest cybersecurity trends, manage risks, and ensure your clients have a sound risk management program to safeguard their organization. Once a baseline has been established, firms can take these competencies and conduct readiness assessments for their clients through consulting or advisory services.
This course was formerly titled "Cybersecurity Advisory Engagements Essentials".