This webcast is part of the Tax Staff Essentials program.
- The power of professional language in business writing
- Communication and work teams
- Communication for leaders
- Difficult communication
- Identify five techniques to make your language more positive and professional.
- Recognize the importance of descriptive language.
- Recall how using certain words can help avoid misinterpretation and misunderstandings.
- Recognize the common types of difficult communication patterns found in the workplace and how to cope with these situations.
- Identify and cope more effectively with hostile communication patterns.
- Recognize the communication patterns that occur before and during the formations of teams.
- Identify the role of conflict in work teams and approaches for dealing with the conflict.
Miscommunication is costly. It causes significant financial and emotional losses to a firm. Vague answers create numerical errors, inaccurate financial data, hurt feelings and tension within an office environment. Join this webcast to learn how positive language is not a "warm and fuzzy" concept, but rather an important communication tool for yourself and your firm.
Using the right word choices make you a more effective manager and communicator.
We also look at the role leaders play in workplace communication and examine communication skills for discussion leaders. A leader's ability to communicate greatly reduces misunderstandings in the workplace and significantly improves project management.
This webcast discusses how to:
- Eliminate wordiness, redundancy and obscure language from writing.
- Produce documents that are clear and concise.
- Produce written communications that are positive and confident.
Important Information on Your CPE Credit