The purpose of this course is to familiarise you with the guidance described in IFRS 1, First-time Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards. IFRS 1 applies when an entity adopts IFRS for the first time.
The standard outlines the guidelines for when to use IFRS 1, exemptions and exceptions for first-time adoption, and presentation and disclosure requirements.
Who should take this course?
- Accounting and finance professionals who perform audits or prepare financial reports and work in the following areas:
* Multinational organisations
* US-based subsidiaries of foreign parent corporations
* US-based parent companies with international subsidiaries that have adopted IFRS
* Public companies
* Large private companies
* Public practice who serve private, public or international companies with audit, preparation, or advisory service