Who Will Benefit
Non-IT finance professionals, CFOs, controllers, management accountants, public accountants, partners, staff, managers, and internal auditors who want to do any of the
- Get a foundational understanding of blockchain
- Incorporate blockchain application within their organizations
- Become a responsible business partner by recognizing blockchain implications and how its application and uses can benefit the client's business
- Determine if there's interest in exploring blockchain as a specialization, individually or as a firm
- Standout with a digital badge as someone who is committed to your clients new emerging technology needs
- Add value to your organization, create opportunities for career growth and earn CPE credit
- Characteristics of bitcoin blockchain
- Zero-knowledge proof
- Blockchain provenance affects a supply chain
- Issues with digital identity and know-your-customer regulations
- Industry specific applications of blockchain
- Identify the four characteristics of the bitcoin blockchain.
- Recall the three parts of a zero-knowledge proof, what the concept solves, the security breakthrough
and the non-financial benefits.
- Recognize how blockchain provenance affect
supply chain and the paradigm shift from the push supply chain to the pull demand chain, as well as the benefits of decentralized file storage and prediction markets.
- Recall the most significant problems with digital identity and know-your-customer (KYC) regulations,
as well as how blockchain shifts control of identities
back to the individual and solves the identity fraud
problem while saving billions of dollars.
- Distinguish the industry-specific applications of blockchain especially for accounting, tax and legal, including the single-entry accounting limitation of existing blockchains.
This self-study online course is part of the Blockchain Fundamentals for Accounting and Finance Professionals Certificate program. You must purchase the bundle to earn the certificate. To learn more about the certificate and purchase the bundle, click here.
This self-study online course focuses on many of the benefits, values and opportunities that arise with the emergence of blockchain technology. It dives into the four characteristics of the bitcoin blockchain: censorship resistance, borderless, neutral and open. We will expand on a use case for blockchain, supply chain. In addition, you will cover industry specific applications, such as healthcare, accounting, tax and legal.